Hello once again…
Events are moving faster than my packing process. According to my last conversation with the moving company they will need to load my things onto a van on Friday the 17th rather than Monday the 20th. This is because I will be sharing the van with a UM pastor in Council Bluffs who wants to move out before the flood waters get in the way. That means that I will have to leave AFTER the farewell on Sunday the 19th in order to meet the truck in Washington on Monday.
What this means is that I now need help with packing. If you can help out during any of these times please show up at the parsonage—Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday from 10:00 a.m. to noon or those same evenings from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Don’t worry if you aren’t up to heavy lifting; some of what I need done is sorting and shredding paperwork.
The Administrative Council meeting is this Thursday at 7:00 p.m.
Vacation Bible School registration is in the city park on Saturday the 18th. VBS itself will be at the Christian Church Monday through Friday, June 20-24. A light evening meal will be served for students, helpers, and teachers.
Remember in prayer
• Those who are battling cancer or are seriously ill
• Persons recovering from surgery
• Persons grieving the loss of loved ones
• For the communities, businesses, and churches along the Missouri River
• Our church family and Pastors Karen Hoff and Shirley Textor in this time of transition
For this Sunday (12th)
• Scripture: Acts 2:1-20
• Sermon Title: “When God’s People Gather”
- This is Pentecost Sunday; the birthday of the church. WEAR RED! If you need to know why red is the color of the day Kyler Rieken can explain it to you!
- This particular biblical account takes place when the believers are gathered together in prayer; does this have something to say about the importance of God’s people gathering together in worship, fellowship, service, or even PACKING!
- What difference does it make when individuals and the church receive the Holy Spirit.? What does it give them the power to do? Have you experienced this power? It’s part of what it means to be saved!
LOVE & JOY