Rev. Mark Haverland, has been appointed to serve the Macedonia- Wheeler Grove-Henderson charge through June. Please pray prayers of encouragement for him and these churches—they’ve faced some serious and unexpected losses this year. Also pray for and join in celebration with the Christian Church folk as they dedicate their new building this Sunday. And don’t forget to pray for harvest safety, as well.
Again I thank those of you who assisted with the funerals for Janis Dobernecker and Addie Mae Smith. I’m sorry that in my last email I forgot to thank those of you who ministered to these families by providing sound and projection expertise, music and food.
Our cluster charge conference was held at the Carson UMC this week. Most persons attending felt it was a positive experience. Sorry you had to miss!
Be alert—the youth group schedule for the 20th MAY be changed.
For this Sunday (17th)
• Scripture: Matthew 6:25-34
• Sermon title: First Things First
1. The study book refers to a biblical lifestyle. What’s that? See what Jesus has to say in Matthew 6:23.
2. This bible passage tells us not to worry about various things but to seek God’s kingdom instead. Could it ever be right to be worried, concerned, or anxious?
3. On page 85 of the study book is a list of Richard Foster’s principles to help guide our lifestyle choices and financial decisions. How can you apply this principle to your life—Shun whatever would distract you from your main goal of seeking first God’s kingdom.
4. If kingdom seeking is not your main goal in life what is getting in the way?
These are some tough but important thoughts for reflection. Be sure to pray for guidance as you consider them.
LOVE & JOY
Rev. TEXtor .