Remember that there is no Sunday School this week because of Memorial Day weekend. Summer Sunday School will begin the first week of June. It will be held during worship time with the children being dismissed following the children’s time.
Annual Conference is in Des Moines June 4-7. Cathey Grosvenor and Rev. Textor will be attending. Their daytime emergency phone number at HyVee Hall will be 515-707-6538. During that time our secretary Sheryl Sindt will be on vacation. Bev Zuch will substitute for her.
Looking ahead into June
- Communion will be served on Pentecost Sunday the 12th.
- Shirley’s farewell will be Sunday, June 19th.
- VBS will be held at the Christian Church June 20-24.
- June Smith, Ilene Parkhill and others with cancer
- Rita Henningson and others who are seriously ill
- Persons recovering from surgery
- Persons grieving the loss of loved ones
- Persons who died serving our country and the men and women presently serving in the military
- Our church family and Pastors Karen Hoff and Shirley Textor in this time of transition
For this Sunday (29th)
- Scripture: John 14:15-21
- Sermon Title: “No Orphans Here”
- Think of the feelings involved when someone goes through a major transition—getting married, starting a family, graduating, becoming empty nesters, surviving a difficult loss, retiring, etc. That’s what Jesus’ disciples will soon be experiencing in this passage from John.
- What is the blessing that the disciples will receive in light of Jesus’ leave taking?
- Why is the Holy Spirit important to Jesus’ followers?
- How can we tell that people love Jesus?
LOVE & JOY