I have been prayerfully considering how to move forward as I look ahead toward the time when the weather will put an end to our outdoor worship at Lions Park. Over the past several weeks, I have listened to many members of the church about their needs, concerns, and preferences for worship in this time of
pandemic. Here is what I have heard.
- People want to worship on Sunday morning .
- Of those who want to meet in person, all want to meet in the church sanctuary.
- All people want their concerns and needs respected.
- Some people will not attend in-person worship if they are required to wear a mask.
- Some people will not attend in person worship unless everyone is wearing a mask.
- Some people will not return to in person worship until they are sure the pandemic is over and they feel safe gathering with people again.
So, given the six requirements above, in order to meet the needs, concerns, and preferences of as many
people as possible, here is the new worship schedule that will begin on Sunday, October 18th.
For the people who will not attend in-person worship unless everyone is wearing a mask, there will be a
service on Sunday morning in the sanctuary at 9 a.m. with masks required.
For those who will not attend in person worship if they are required to wear a mask, there will be a service
on Sunday morning in the sanctuary at 11 a.m. with masks optional.
For those who do not wish to worship in person, we will continue recording the service on Saturday so that
we can continue to offer online worship on FB and YouTube at 10 a.m. Sunday morning.
I believe that this is fairest solution. One that best meets the concerns and needs of the members of our
New worship schedule:
Beginning Sunday, October 18th we will have two in-person worship services in the building.
9 a.m. worship - Masks required.
11 a.m. worship - Masks optional.
Recorded worship will continue to be available on Facebook and YouTube at 10 a.m. on Sunday morning
for those who wish to worship at home.