Hello once again…
Events are moving faster than my packing process. According to my last conversation with the moving company they will need to load my things onto a van on Friday the 17th rather than Monday the 20th. This is because I will be sharing the van with a UM pastor in Council Bluffs who wants to move out before the flood waters get in the way. That means that I will have to leave AFTER the farewell on Sunday the 19th in order to meet the truck in Washington on Monday.
What this means is that I now need help with packing. If you can help out during any of these times please show up at the parsonage—Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday from 10:00 a.m. to noon or those same evenings from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Don’t worry if you aren’t up to heavy lifting; some of what I need done is sorting and shredding paperwork.
The Administrative Council meeting is this Thursday at 7:00 p.m.
Vacation Bible School registration is in the city park on Saturday the 18th. VBS itself will be at the Christian Church Monday through Friday, June 20-24. A light evening meal will be served for students, helpers, and teachers.
Remember in prayer
• Those who are battling cancer or are seriously ill
• Persons recovering from surgery
• Persons grieving the loss of loved ones
• For the communities, businesses, and churches along the Missouri River
• Our church family and Pastors Karen Hoff and Shirley Textor in this time of transition
For this Sunday (12th)
• Scripture: Acts 2:1-20
• Sermon Title: “When God’s People Gather”
LOVE & JOY