Anyone ready for milder weather? I certainly am!
Just a reminder to our committee chairpersons—be sure to get your committee together in the next several weeks. And be sure to consult with me ahead of time concerning possible business items.
Continue in prayer for our church staff—Sheryl Sindt and Gordon Frizzell. Sheryl is still dealing with bronchitis and Gordon is recovering from a broken leg. Continue in prayer for those with cancer, those in pain, and those with other physical ailments. Also, be mindful of our shut-ins and nursing home residents. And don’t forget to pray for Bishop Trimble, District Superintendent Brian Milford and the other district superintendents who will be selecting our new pastor.
For this Sunday (13th)
• Scripture: Deuteronomy 30:15-20; Ephesians 5:15-18
• Sermon Title: Life-Affirming Choices
1. Deuteronomy 30:19 – I am now giving you the choice between life and death, between God’s blessing and God’s curse, and I call heaven and earth to witness the choice you make. Choose life.
2. In this instance what choice is Moses presenting to the people?
3. Do you think the call to choose life is a one-time or on ongoing thing?
4. Is this challenge only for people in Moses' day?
5. In light of Ephesians 5:18 what choice is Paul asking Christ’s followers to make?
6. How does the choice Paul presents apply to us?
Oh yes—don’t forget to save Saturday May 14, for a special church event involving all age groups!
LOVE & JOY