Sermon Reflections for 2/6/11
Saturday May 14—circle this date on your calendar and do your best to hold it open for a special church project with activities for all age groups. More details later.
Committee chairpersons, if your group has not yet met please let Rev. Textor know when and where your group will meet. If you plan any activities or meeting dates please notify the church office accordingly.
This week be sure to pray for service men and women serving here and around the world. Also continue in prayer for those with cancer and other physical ailments. Pray for our secretary Sheryl Sindt who is recovering from bronchitis and for her husband Marion who is recovering from a heart attack. Also, continue in prayer for those who will be choosing a new pastor for our church. .
For this Sunday (6th)
• Scripture: Matthew 5:13-20
• Sermon Title: Gathered and Scattered
1. What uses of salt can you think of?
2. Which sense is most impacted by salt?
3. Why is light useful?
4. Which sense is most impacted by light?
5. Jesus talks about his followers being light and salt people; do you know any people like that?
6. How might you, with God’s help, be a salt or light person?
LOVE & JOY
Leave a Reply.