Our church community appreciation day activities went well—lunch for guests, library grounds clean-up, preparing pots and planting flowers, litter clean-up, thank you notes. Thirty-five or so of our church folk took part including 2 youth and 4 children. This would be a good project to continue in future years, perhaps with other community churches included.
Our church related graduation activities are completed and the graduation ceremony and receptions are taking place this weekend. Congratulations to Quintin Forrester and Alex Gleaves
Mary Applegate passed away this week. Her viewing is at the funeral home Friday night, her funeral is at our church at 10:00 a.m. Saturday morning, and the funeral lunch will be held at the Christian Church.
This Sunday we will present Sunday School certificates to our children during worship; next Sunday the Sunday School will not meet. Hats off to all who help provide Christian learning and fellowship activities for our children!
For this Sunday (22nd)
- Scripture: I Peter 2:4-10
- Sermon Title: “Solid Rock and Living Stones”
- In what ways is Jesus a living cornerstone?
- Why is Jesus a stumbling block to some people?
- What is our status as God’s people?
- As God’s people what are we called to do?
- Stephen (Acts 6 & 7) is one of many “living stones” that we read about in the bible. Do you know any present day “living stones”?
LOVE & JOY