Subject: sermon reflections for 9/26/10
Greetings to all of you …
We now have two members in hospice—Addie Mae Smith and Janis Dobernecker. Please keep them and their families in your prayers. Pray also for the Henderson, Macedonia, and Wheeler Grove churches. Their pastor has resigned as of this month. Pray also for the Oakland Christian Church folk in the aftermath of vandalism to their new church building.
The junior and senior high youth groups began meeting this Wednesday with 10 present in each group. Right now we are without senior high counselors for the three meetings in December. If you could step in to help out please contact Mark Martens.
You won’t be hearing from me next week—I’ll be on vacation in California to officiate at my niece’s wedding. Ward Young will lead worship while I’m gone and Richard Russell of Carson will be the pastor-on-call.
Have you bought your stewardship study book yet?
For this Sunday (26th)
• Scripture: Luke 19:1-10
• Sermon: In Response to God’s Generosity
1. Why did Zacchaeus have to go to extreme measures to meet Jesus? What measures could you take to meet him yourself?
2. Why were people upset when Jesus paid attention to Zacchaeus?
3. Has Jesus ever invited himself to your home or into your heart? Would you like him to? If it happened to Zacchaeus it can also happen to you.
4. What change occurred in Zacchaeus’ life as a result of meeting with Jesus?
5. Have you ever thought about how money and salvation are connected?
6. Have you ever experienced God’s generosity? In what ways can you respond to that generosity?
LOVE & JOY