Hope Thanksgiving was a great time for you and that you didn’t spoil it by getting trampled during the Black Friday shopping frenzy!
In addition to other prayer concerns, be sure to add to your list Ilene Parkhill who began chemo treatments this week.
The chili supper-nativity set display was a fun fellowship event. The chili was excellent and Anita McMartin was the pleased winner of the nativity set offered as a door prize. You can read more about the event in future bulletins or newsletters.
Keep these three December events in mind – 1) movie night featuring “The Santa Claus” at 6:30 p.m. on Saturday December 11, 2) Christmas program during worship December 19; and 3) Christmas Eve Service Friday the 24th at 10:00 p.m.
For this Sunday (5th)
• Scripture: Isaiah 11:1-10
• Sermon Title: The Jesse Tree
1. This week I’ll be referring to the Jesse tree. If you can’t make it to worship and don’t know what a Jesse tree is try to Google it. Let me know what you find.
2. How was Jesse related to King David?
3. Why is the royal line of King David important to Christians?
4. What is Isaiah’s vision of God’s kingdom; how does he describe the ruler of this kingdom?
5. What part did trees or wood products play in Jesus’ life and death?
LOVE & JOY