Be sure to pray for meaningful Thanksgiving activities this coming week and next. Also keep in mind those serving in the military on our behalf. And remember in prayer persons with serious health concerns and persons who are homebound or in nursing homes or in hospitals during the holiday season.
Be sure to keep these activities in mind: Bernie and Norma’s 50th wedding anniversary open house this Saturday, Hanging of the Greens right after worship Sunday (hope you can be there to help out), RCA sponsored Thanksgiving Community Meal at the Community Building at 6:00 p.m. the 21st, and our chili supper/nativity display on the 27th. If you have one or more nativity sets you would be willing to loan us for the occasion you may bring them to the church office anytime before the 27th.
For this Sunday (21st)
* Scripture: Matthew 4:1-4
* Sermon Title: Starving Souls For Reflection
1. “The hunger of the stomach is mild when compared to the gnawing hunger of the heart.” What connection do you see between this statement and today’s scripture?
2. What life circumstances might contribute to the hunger of the stomach?
3. What life circumstances might contribute to the gnawing hunger of the heart?
4. In what ways does the Christian faith address the hunger of the stomach?
5. In what ways does the Christian faith address the gnawing hungers of the heart?
6. What does celebrating Thanksgiving have to do with any of this?
LOVE & JOY TEXtor